It’s all screen.
With iPhone X, the device is the display. An all‑new 5.8‑inch Super Retina screen fills the hand and dazzles the eyes.
- Innovative Technology: The display employs new techniques and technology to precisely follow the curves of the design, all the way to the elegantly rounded corners.
- OLED Designed for iPhone X: The first OLED screen that rises to the standards of iPhone, with accurate, stunning colors, true blacks, high brightness, and a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.
- TrueDepth Camera: A tiny space houses some of the most sophisticated technology we’ve ever developed, including the cameras and sensors that enable Face ID.
The front and back are all glass — the most durable we’ve ever made, with a strengthening layer that’s 50 percent deeper. A seven-layer ink process allows for precise hues and opacity, and a reflective optical layer enhances the colors. And an oleophobic coating lets you easily wipe off smudges and fingerprints.
- Intuitive Gestures: Familiar gestures make navigation natural and intuitive. Instead of pressing a button, a single swipe takes you home from anywhere.
- Wireless Charging: The glass back enables easy wireless charging.
- Resists water, splashes, and dust.: iPhone X is precision-engineered at the microscopic level to protect against water, splashes, and dust.
Face ID: A revolution in recognition.
Your face is now your password. Face ID is a secure new way to unlock, authenticate, and pay.
- Facial Mapping: Face ID is enabled by the TrueDepth camera and is simple to set up. It projects and analyzes more than 30,000 invisible dots to create a precise depth map of your face.
- Your face is your secure password.: With Face ID, iPhone X unlocks only when you’re looking at it. It’s designed to prevent spoofing by photos or masks. Your facial map is encrypted and protected by the Secure Enclave. And authentication happens instantly on the device, not in the cloud.
TrueDepth Camera Front facing. Forward thinking.
Shoot selfies with a depth-of-field effect that puts your face in sharp focus against an artfully blurred background. The TrueDepth camera, along with the A11 Bionic chip, captures the photo and creates this effect with the tap of a finger.
- Optical Zoom: The wide‑angle and telephoto lenses on iPhone 8 Plus enable optical zoom, as well as digital zoom of up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.
- Front‑facing camera. Focus on yourself.: With Retina Flash, wide color capture, advanced pixel technology, and auto image stabilization, the 7MP FaceTime HD camera shoots selfies that stand out.
- Wide Viewing Angles: Dual‑domain pixels give you a great view of the screen from almost any angle.
Dual 12MP Cameras: The art of photography. Simplified.
Using a state-of-the-art seven-magnet solution, iPhone X includes a second OIS system in the powerful ƒ/2.4 telephoto camera. Together the two cameras enable optical zoom to bring you closer to your subject. And deliver amazing shots with Portrait mode.
- Dual OIS: Both rear cameras have optical image stabilization and fast lenses for outstanding photos and videos even in low light.
- Optical Zoom.: The wide-angle and telephoto cameras on iPhone X enable optical zoom, as well as digital zoom of up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos.
A11 Bionic: Superhuman intelligence.
Introducing A11 Bionic. The most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone, with a neural engine that’s capable of up to 600 billion operations per second.
- Faster CPU: The four efficiency cores in the all‑new CPU are up to 70 percent faster than A10 Fusion. And the two performance cores are up to 25 percent faster.
- Apple‑Designed GPU: The new Apple‑designed three‑core GPU is up to 30 percent faster than A10 Fusion.
- Augmented Reality: A11 Bionic powers extraordinary augmented reality experiences in games and apps.
Wireless charging for a wireless world.
With no charging cable required, iPhone X is truly designed for the future of wireless.
- A Wireless World: Charge with wireless charging stations and mats in hotels, cafes, and airports around the world.
iOS 11: A groundbreaking iOS for a groundbreaking iPhone.
iOS is the most advanced, intuitive, and secure mobile operating system in the world. It’s designed to help you get the most out of iPhone.
EarPods. With a Lightning connector.
iPhone X comes with EarPods that have a Lightning connector. But if you still want to listen through your old headphones, you can plug them in using a 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter, also included.
- Display Size: 5.8 inches (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display Resolution: 1125 x 2436 pixels (~458 ppi pixel density)
- Display Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass
- Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant
- Wide color gamut display
- 3D Touch display
- True-tone display
- Primary Camera: Dual 12 MP, f/1.8 & f/2.4, phase detection autofocus, OIS, 2x optical zoom, quad-LED (dual tone) flash
- Camera Features: Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
- Secondary Camera: Yes, 7 MP, f/2.2, [email protected], [email protected], face detection, HDR, panorama
- Chipset: Apple A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture
- CPU: Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)
- GPU: Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
- Embedded M11 motion coprocessor
- System Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Internal Memory: 256 GB storage
- Card Slot: No
- Alert Types: Vibration, proprietary ringtones
- Loud Speaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Headphones: EarPods with Lightning Connector (Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter included)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network: LTE
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (Apple Pay only)
- USB: Yes, v2.0, reversible connector
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Radio: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Java: No
- iCloud cloud service
- Document viewer/editor
- Image viewer/editor
- Audio: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
- Video: MP4/H.264 player
- Battery Type: Non-removable Li-Ion 2716 mAh battery, Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Fast Battery Charging: 50% in 30 min
- Qi wireless charging
- Talk Time: Up to 21 hours on 3G
- Internet use: Up to 12 hours on 3G
- Wireless video playback: Up to 13 hours
- Wireless audio playback: Up to 60 hours
- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant: Rated IP67
- Water resistant up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 174 g
In the Box
- iPhone with iOS 11
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter