The fastest, most secure A3 departmental scanner helps accelerate your business forward. Utilizing high-performance features for a more productive office.
High-performance digital sending
- PC connected scanner through standard interface or use it as a digital sender through built-in network.
- Easily and quickly transfer scans into editable text, encrypted PDF files, and more files, using built-in OCR.
Accomplish more. Faster than ever.
- Handle large volumes at blazing speeds – up to 120 ppm/240 ipm.
- Manage jobs directly, using the 8-inch (20.3 cm) touch control panel with full pull-out keyboard.
- Capture every page easily – even stacks of mixed media – with HP EveryPage and an ultrasonic sensor.
- Rely on this scanner time after time – recommended up to 20,000 pages per day.
Easily integrate workflow solutions
- Save time and simplify complex scan jobs with HP Scan.
- Define scan profiles, scan to the cloud and other destinations, and automatically enhance images.
- Embedded OCR creates searchable files that can be scanned to multiple destinations with advanced auto-imaging.
- Capture and organise documents, business cards and other files with a full suite of feature rich software.
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF
- Digital sending standard features: Scan to e-mail. Save-to-Network Folder. Save-to-USB drive. Send to FTP. Send to LAN Fax. Send to Internet Fax. Local Address Book. SMTP over SSL
- Scan resolution, optical: Up to 600 ppi
- Enhanced scanning resolution: Up to 600 ppi
- Duty cycle (daily): Recommended daily duty cycle: 20,000 pages
- Bit depth: 24-bit external 48-bits internal
- Levels of grayscale: 256
- Scan size, maximum: 297 x 432 mm
- Media types: ADF: Paper (Plain, Inkjet, Inkjet Brochure/Glossy), Photo Paper. Flatbed: All ADF Media, Envelopes, Labels, Cards, Books
- Media weights, supported ADF: 45 to 199 g/m²
Scan file format
- PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A, TEXT (OCR), Unicode TEXT (OCR), RTF (OCR), Searchable PDF (OCR), Searchable PDF/A (OCR), HTML (OCR), CSV (OCR)
- Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A, TEXT (OCR), Unicode TEXT (OCR), RTF (OCR), Searchable PDF (OCR), Searchable PDF/A (OCR), HTML (OCR), CSV (OCR)
- For HP Scan: PDF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIF, Text (.txt), Rich text (.rtf), Searchable PDF (.pdf), PDF/A (.pdf)
- For HP Easy Scan: TIFF, PNG, JPEG, JPEG-2000, PDF, PDF-Searchable, RTF, TXT
- For Linux: JPEG, PDF, PNG, PNM, PostScript, TEXT, TIFF
Scan input modes
- Front panel applications: E-mail
- Save to Network Folder; Save to USB
- Save to Device Memory
- Open Extensibility Platform (OXP) applications
- Software scan using HP Scan Software
- User application via TWAIN, ISIS, WIA or Kofax VirtualRescan (VRS) Professional drivers
Scanner advanced features
- Optimise text/picture
- Image adjustments
- Job build
- Output quality setting
- Selectable scan resolution 75 to 600 dpi
- Auto detect colour
- Edge erase
- Job notification
- Blank page suppression
- HP Quick Sets
- HP EveryPage
- Auto orientation
- Embedded Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Auto crop to page
- Standard, 500 GB, HP High Performance Secure Hard Disk
- XGA 1024 x 768 mm LCD display
- Light touch technology that supports gesture based interactions
- Screen brightness-adjustment control
- Home icon for quick return to the UI Home Screen
- Virtual keyboard and a physical keyboard
- Automatic document feeder capacity: Standard, 200 sheets at 75 g/m²
- Automatic document feeder speed: Up to 120 ppm/240 ipm (black and white), Up to 120 ppm/240 ipm (colour)
- Scan size (ADF), maximum: 297 x 432 mm
- Up to 297 x 864 mm when "long scan size" selected
- Scan size (ADF), minimum: 68 x 148 mm
Compatible operating systems
- Linux Debian (7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 7.9, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 8.6)
- Linux Fedora (22, 23, 24), Linux Mint (17, 17.1, 17.2, 17.3, 18)
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise (6.0, 7.0)
- Linux SUSE (13.2, 42.1)
- Linux Ubuntu (12.04, 14.04, 15.10, 16.04, 16.10)
- Mac OS 10.12 Sierra
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Windows 10 all 32/64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets)
- Windows 7 all 32/64-bit editions
- Windows 8/8.1 all 32/64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets)
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- 1 Hi-Speed USB Host (rear)
- 1 Hi-Speed USB Host (walk-up)
- 1 Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP) Hi-Speed USB
- 1 USB-Device Port (rear)
Power and operating requirements
- Voltage: Input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC, 50 Hz
- Power consumption: 21 watts (Ready), 1.2 watts (Sleep), 0.3 watt (Off)
- Operating temperature range: 10 to 35ºC
- Recommended operating humidity range: 15 to 80%RH non-condensing 10 to 35ºC
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 602 x 635 x 287 mm
- Weight: 21.4 kg
What's in the box
- HP ScanJet Enterprise Flow N9120 fn2 Document Scanner
- Power cord
- USB cable